Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

LHN Class of 1986 25th Reunion!

Hi everybody,
25 years, can you believe it's been that long? Every so often I see classmates posting about their kids being at LHN or getting ready for LHN and it feels like we were just there, at least to me. But it wasn't just yesterday and it's time to get together, to share some memories and have some fun! That being the case, here's a quick summary of what's happened so far:

I (Cheryl Pickett) put a note on Facebook earlier this year to hopefully get things rolling. There are quite a few of us connected there, though we still need to reach plenty of people.

We started a preliminary RSVP list, asked for volunteers to help with coordinating things and, so far, response hasn't been as good as last time. I'm hoping/thinking the minimal response is just because most people aren't using FB as much as I'd hoped and aren't reading the notes. I know everyone is busy, but hopefully that won't stop us from getting together.

As of March or so, Dave Shook, Lisa Claus Perry and I chose the date, and decided this time we'd keep it casual after at least a few others agreed. That conversation was also started based on comments after the last reunion and people's desire to make it simpler the next time around.

Pat Knapp checked out a few venues, Dave Shook & Wendy Weber Sowders suggested a few more and I've been calling on those as of this week. I plan to, along with whomever else I can reach, make a choice and book the space shortly as it's already pretty late in the game. It's actually not as easy as I thought to find a more casual venue that has a private, or even semi-private area that would accommodate at least 100 people.

That's it for now, more coming soon. This is now planning central so please check back for updates even if you're on Facebook. Please also reach out to as many classmates as possible, invite them to participate here and at least RSVP. You can also subscribe to updates via email using the subscription area in the right column.

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment